Welcome to Week 3 of
The Loft ~ A Wednesday Link-Up!
Come on up!!
You will find my Week 3 post and the linky tool at the bottom, but first, may I remind you how The Loft Link-Up works?
The Loft is a place for conversation, community, networking, and Christian growth.
Each week we provide a topic to start the conversation.Then, Wednesday morning at 5am EST, the link goes live, and for 5 glorious days you can link up your post on that week’s topic. The linky will close at 5pm EST on Monday.
Each week’s gathering will be much like a group of friends sitting around a table at a coffee shop having a chat about a specific topic. So it will be at The Loft. Please make sure the post you link-up pertains to the chosen topic of the week. We’ll have fun topics, serious topics, practical, soul-ful, holiday, and so, so much more…we can’t wait to get started! This is not only a great way to connect with others, it’s also a fun and easy way to establish a writing habit. If you aren’t a blogger, you are welcome to join in by leaving your comments in the comment section.
Listening is a lost art. Especially in the blogosphere where everyone wants to be heard. At The Loft, we know that listening is rewarding and rich… surprisingly so. Please do not link and run. For every link you leave, please visit at least two other links.
1. Be creative. Feel free to use words, photos, video, audio, your family pet, whatever, to communicate on the weekly topic.
2. Listen twice as much. If you leave one link, visit two.
3. Be a community. Include #TheLoft graphic and/or hashtag in your post and social media so we can find each other.
4. Write like Jesus would write. We are a Christian link-up. Offensive or inappropriate posts will be deleted. No questions asked.
5. Be pertinent. Our heart is to build community and intimacy, and our means to do that is to build each link-up around a single topic. Please make sure your post is on topic.
When you link up at The Loft, your link will appear on two blogs! We’d love for you to visit The Loft co-hosts and know who we are:
Today’s Topic: “Picture Prompt…..” (when you look at the picture below, what comes to mind? does it bring back a memory? perhaps it calls you to a specific place? share with us what you think of when you see the picture)
I feel fairly certain that there will be bales of hay in heaven. There is just something about them that speaks peace to my heart and soul. My thoughts go back to a simpler time of:
- Slowed pace and front porch sitting.
- Pot-luck get-togethers and Lawrence Welk programming.
- Feather beds in my grandparents’ basement.
- A time without mobile devices, computer screens, and impossibly full schedules.
- Childhood summers spent reading books picked out from the shelves in the BookMobile that came to our county.
- Vacation Bible School, Kool-Aid, and cookies.
- The local swimming pool, hanging out in town, and friends, friends, and more friends.
A bale of hay gives me the feeling that all is right with the world, even when I know that is not completely true. It is a reminder that when summer melds into winter, there will be hay for the animals. It is a sign of provision and protection.
Other than Jesus, very few things really speak peace to my heart like bales of hay.
June 24th Topic: “Favorite Psalm” (what is your favorite Psalm and why? perhaps it is just a verse or two from one of the Psalms~~that’s fine. how has it spoken into your heart?
I hope you will plan to join us each week at The Loft
Now, it is time to link-up!!
[inlinkz_linkup id=535020 mode=1]