The Loft is open, come on up!
Graphic by Kerry Messer
Now it’s time to link up!
This Week’s Topic: “Best Practical Tip”
When the topic for this week’s gathering at The Loft ( #TheLoft ) was announced, I immediately began pondering what one piece of practical advice I would want to offer. Some words of wisdom that I want to make sure my family and friends have tucked into their hearts. I contemplated several:
- Tell the truth….tell it in love…but always tell the truth.
- Choices have consequences. Choose well.
- Always grease your iron skillet to keep it from rusting and to season it.
- Character is more important than reputation.
- You cannot save anyone. Only Jesus can do that. Your job is to love them and show Jesus to them.
- Our husbands need and crave our respect. They need to feel that they are the hero, and we are the beauty they are sworn to defend and protect.
- Accept personal responsibility for your actions.
I could keep going, because there are many lessons I have learned in these 50 years of earth dwelling. However, the one piece of practical advice that I really want my family and friends to hear from me is this:
Fix your eyes on Jesus.
Yep, that’s it. I know, I know, you may be rolling your eyes at me because it seems like such a pat response, but really, it is the very best advice I could give.
Look straight ahead to Jesus. Don’t let Satan distract you to the right or the left. Focus on Jesus. When Jesus is your focus, the daily irritations, problems, and trials of life (and there will be plenty of each of those as you journey through life) can be viewed in light of the fact that Jesus is in control, and He is working it all out for our good. The joys of life can be seen as blessings straight from His hand. The mundane of life becomes opportunities to see Jesus at work. When Jesus is the One on whom our eyes are fixed, our trust and hope has a solid foundation.
Let’s put on some Jesus-blinders, friend. Look neither to the right nor the left, but fix your eyes straight ahead on Jesus.
Next Week’s Topic: “My Town” (We want to know about where you live! We are living all over the world, so tell us a few of the unique things about your town, city, or farmland. Share a photo, give us a video tour, or just share what makes where you live special. This will be fun!)
Add Your Link Here:
The Loft is the place for conversation, community, networking, and Christian growth.
Each week we provide a topic to start the conversation.
PLEASE NOTE: We want to foster community and transparent conversation with one another, just like we’d do if we were meeting in real life. So we ask that your link stick to the weekly topic and that you mention The Loft in your post. Thank you so much!
Monday night, at 9pm Eastern, the linky goes live and all week you can link up your post on that week’s topic.
We’ll have fun topics, serious topics, practical, soul-ful, holiday, and so, so much more…we can’t wait to get started! This is not only a great way to connect with others, it’s also a fun and easy way to establish a writing habit. If you aren’t a blogger, you are welcome to join in by leaving your comments in the comment section.
So grab your coffee mug and come on up! Hang out for a bit. We betcha you’ll be glad you did.
1. Be creative. Feel free to use words, photos, video, audio, your family pet, whatever, to communicate on the weekly topic. But please stick to the weekly topic
2. Listen twice as much as you talk. If you leave one link, visit two. Trust us on this one~wink.
3. Be a community. Include #TheLoft graphic and/or link back in your post so we can find each other. Also, share the great stuff you find when you visit around…we’ll be doing the same.
When you link up at The Loft, your link will appear on 5 blogs! We’d love for you to visit The Loft co-hosts and know who we are: