I can hardly believe it! For almost a year I have prayed and planned and prepared. I have thrown out enough fleeces to cover an entire sheep and God has answered every single one of them. I have asked Him to give me the largest details (venue), as well and the smallest ones (decorations for the bathrooms – thank you Lynn Dyer!), and He has been over-the-top faithful. I have pored over passages in the Bible, preparing to share what I believe the Lord has given me.
Today the Come Away retreat begins. Six ladies and I will spend the weekend with Jesus in a beautiful cabin on Blue Ridge Lake in Blue Ridge, Georgia.
We will spend time in worship with some pretty awesome worship leaders. Our hearts will draw near to Jesus as we look into His Word to see how He feels about us. We will cook and eat (HALLE-to-the-LUJAH!) together, sharing life in the kitchen. We will spend time in prayer, seeking intimacy with Christ. And, we will allow ourselves time to rest and hear the voice of Jesus. Honestly, that last one is probably the most difficult for the majority of women. Simply taking a deep breath and being quiet and still for a season.
So, this morning I come here to this space asking for your prayers, should the Lord bring me to your mind. Would you pray for:
- The Holy Spirit’s presence over the weekend
- The ladies who will attend to have hearts that are listening for the voice of Jesus
- The families of these ladies to be healthy and safe while they are away
- That all of us who are attending the retreat will stay well
- Our awesome worship leaders (Judy Tipton, Mike and Rebecca Medori)
- Me as I teach three times
- That the ladies will bond together and encourage one another in their walks with Christ
- That I will be present (physically, spiritually, and emotionally) in each moment and resist the urge to simply move through the weekend, checking off things that need to be done (This is a biggie for me, the ultimate Type A)
- The HVAC, water, and all appliances of the cabin to work well
- Anything else you can think of
Thank you for your prayers. They are everything to me!
Have a lovely weekend.